Website performance optimization is something that should always be a top priority, especially when there is so much online competition. Page loading time is an important part of any website’s user experience. Though most people let that slide to accommodate better designs, nifty new features or add more content to their pages. Unfortunately, most users today tend to care more about speed than all the bells and whistles. Additionally, search engine rankings are now considering page loading time an important factor.
Some fun facts:
- 73% of mobile internet users say that they’ve encountered a website that was too slow to load.
- 52% of online shoppers say quick page loads are important for their loyalty to a site.
- 47% of consumers expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less.
- 40% of people abandon a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load.
A 1-second delay in page load time means:
- 16% decrease in customer satisfaction
- 11% fewer page views
- 7% loss in conversions
That means if an e-commerce website is making $100,000 per day, a 1 second page delay could potentially cost you $2.5 million in lost sales every year.
Command Base uses a few tools that can help pinpoint your website performance issues. Once we know where your website is slowing down or bottlenecking we can adjust the issues. We deliver a report before and after the optimizations so you can see exactly how big of a difference we can make.